SATURDAY, August 8, 2015
(Proceeds benefiting the TSPS Alamo Chapter 11 Scholarship Fund)
1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place Prizes per boat per division for heaviest stringer.
Additional Prizes For:
Redfish with Most Spots – Largest Redfish
Largest Trout – Largest Flounder – Largest Hardhead
TOURNAMENT MEETINGS, DINNER & WEIGH-IN TO BE HELD AT
Redfish Bay & Boathouse
322 Huff St.
Aransas, Texas 78336
Mixer and Team Captain’s Meeting will be on Friday, August 7th, at the Island Hotel Port Aransas (former Mariner Inn) located at 2607 St. Hwy 361, BYOB and a dinner provided from 7:00 pm until 10:00 pm. Fishing starts Saturday at 6:00am and weigh-in is from 2:00 pm until 5:00 pm. Dinner and award presentation will be Saturday, August 8th, Beer & Setups available from Cash Bar, you may bring your own Bottle and dinner will be provided by the Alamo Chapter and will begin approximately at 6:00 pm.
VIEW BROCHURE & ENTRY FORM HERE
This is an amateur fishing tournament open to anyone with guided and unguided divisions. Entry fee is $300 per team (up to 4 anglers per team) postmarked by July 10, 2015. Late entry (after July 10th) is $300 per team and teams will not receive below mentioned items. For the guided division, the guide will not be considered an angler. All individuals must be registered in the tournament and entry fee paid in order to participate. Remember it is illegal to fish in the State of Texas without a current and valid license. Additional meal tickets for Friday Mixer and/or Saturday Dinner at Redfish Bay Boat House are available for an extra cost of $20 each. Entry fee includes 4 Friday & Saturday Dinner tickets, 4 koozies, 4 caps and 4 shirts and a bag of goodies per team...
1. Open to anyone wishing to participate.
2. Up to 4 amateur anglers per team. Only those registered in the tournament can be on a participating team.
3. Live or Artificial bait is allowed with no restrictions on fishing locations.
4. Duplicate prizes for guided and unguided divisions.
5. Costs and arrangement of guides, is the responsibility of the team. Angler may be assisted by guide or friend in casting, baiting hooks and netting. Each angler must hook and bring fish to net unassisted. Guide will not be considered an angler.
6. Angler is allowed to fish one (1) pole at a time.
7. Fishing will begin at 6:00 am Saturday, August 8, 2015.
8. Weigh-in is no earlier than 2:00 pm, and you must be in the sight of the Weigh Master before 5:00 pm at Redfish Bay Boathouse.
9. Eligible fish are 1 Redfish, 2 Trout and 1 Mystery Fish. Mystery fish will be drawn and announced at the Captains meeting on Friday Evening. No Oversized fish of any type will be allowed in this tournament.
10. In the event of a division weight tie, length of the longest fish in the stringer will prevail. Decisions of the Weigh Master are final.
11. A boat is not needed to participate. Wade fishing and pier fishing are allowed. (See above for entry fees). Pier and wade fishing are allowed and will be considered as being in the unguided division
12. BRING ONLY FISH TO BE WEIGHED IN TO WEIGH IN STATION. CATEGORIES OF FISH, LARGEST STRINGER, BIGGEST RED, ETC. WILL BE DECIDED PRIOR TO ARRIVING AT THE WEIGH IN STATION. NO FISH WILL BE WEIGHED OR MEASURED AT THE WEIGH IN STATION TO DETERMINE WHICH WILL BE THE KEEPER OR KEEPERS.
CLARIFICATION OF TOURNAMENT RULES
• REDFISH – A legal Redfish (Red Drum) must be at least 20” and not greater than 28”. This is the size of the Redfish you are allowed to weigh in for the tournament. If you catch one smaller than 20” you are required by law to release it.
• TROUT – A legal Trout (Spotted Sea Trout) must be at least 15”. If you catch one smaller than 15”, you are required by law to release it. (The same trout can not be used for both stringer weight and largest trout prize.)
• FLOUNDER – A legal Flounder must be at least 14”, any Flounder smaller must be released. The Alamo Surveyors Fishing Tournament will only judge a Flounder that is greater than 15” for the Flounder category.
• FISHING LICENSE – You must have a valid/current fishing license with a saltwater stamp from Texas Parks and Wildlife to fish in this tournament. If you catch a Redfish that is greater than 28”, and you want to keep it, you need to put a tag (part of your license) on this fish. Each angler is allowed one of these per year. If you purchase a 5/10 day license, it will not have a tag, which means you cannot keep a Redfish that is greater than 28” in length. Please make sure that you fish this tournament by all the rules that are enforced by Texas Parks and Wildlife, citations for not observing these rules are very expensive and could just ruin your day!
VIEW BROCHURE & ENTRY FORM HERE