The Texas Society of Professional Surveyors online portal offers education from individual experts around the country. Creating this network of geospatial education enables us to offer you a wide resource for educational opportunities. Courses available online are:
- State Plane Coordinates I, II & III
- Geomatics in a UAV World: an Introduction
- UAS Photogrammetry
- UAS Technology: Operational Implications
- Applied Ethics
- Errors Analysis in Surveying - Part I
- The 2016 ALTA/NSPS Standards – An Overview
- The 2016 ALTA/NSPS Standards – Course III Section 4 Records Research
- The 2016 ALTA/NSPS Standards – Course VI Sections 7 & 8 Certification & Deliverables
- Fundamentals of Geodesy Part VI - Vertical Datums & Geoid Models 1
- Fundamentals of Geodesy Part VII - Vertical Datums & Geoid Models 2
- Letters of Map Change: How to Update Flood Map
- Why and How Elevations Matter in Floodplain Management
Getting started is easy!
- Visit the Online Education Portal and set up your free account.
- Choose your course(s).
- Pass the exam!
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with comments or questions.
The Texas Board of Professional Land Surveying (TBPLS), unless otherwise noted, has approved courses listed in this portal, for professional development. When you complete a course through the portal, per Board regulation, you must select “Take Exam.” You will be given three attempts to pass the exam with a 90% score, again per Board regulation. The exam is typically between 10 to 20 questions long. When you successfully pass, your certificate will be emailed to you and it will indicate that you took the exam and your score. Some online credits may apply towards Ethics and/or Board Rules.